Will This Madness Ever Stop?!?: Memorial Weekend Post #3

As I mentioned, we went to Hastings over the weekend to check out their sale. I bought way too much, but the sale was pretty good. I bought eleven films (including two coveted used Criterion releases and two coveted cheap Disney films) for $68.00. We also went to Blockbuster where I found a few things for $3.99 and $1.99.

Blockbuster Buys
Look Both Ways
an Australian film I watched recently with Stephanie and loved

Tanner on Tanner
(2004)
a mockumentary follow-up to Robert Altman's Tanner '88

Vera Drake
(2004)
a drama starring Imelda Staunton as a woman who performs illegal abortions

Play It Again, Sam
(1972)
a film adaptation of Woody Allen's play; the first movie pairing him with Diane Keaton

Hastings Buys
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
2-disc Criterion; one of my favorite movies of last year

That Obscure Object of Desire
(1977)
Criterion release; Luis Bunuel film

Toy Story 2
(1999)
a Pixar/Disney flick I didn't have and a really good one (I watched it last night.)

The Fox and the Hound
(1981)
a Disney flick I didn't have; this was actually new but in the used wrapping

Vicky Cristina Barcelona
(2008)
one of my favorite films of last year and just the newest addition in my Woody Allen collection

The Duchess
(2008)
one of the best period dramas I've seen in quite some time

Frozen River
(2008)
a moving movie about the undeterred human spirit

Love in the Time of Cholera
(2007)
pretty sure this is really bad, but I read the book last year, and it looks so pretty

Ghost Town
(2008)
quirky comedy I saw in the theater last year

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
(2008)
cute teen rom-com I saw in the theater last year

Synecdoche, New York
(2008)
film I wanted to see in the theater but was boycotting the only AMC showing it.

Add to this the Ultimate Oliver Stone set (12 movies on 14 discs!) which I bought from fye for $9.99 + shipping/handling, and my film collection has ballooned recently. As I told Stephanie yesterday, I have lots and lots to watch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment